The 3rd Academic Writing and English Language Learners (AWELL) conference that will be held on November 1 -2, 2019 at Saint Mary’s has issued a Call for Proposals open to all academic fields and disciplines.
AWELL is a two-day conference designed for faculty, language instructors, composition instructors, and writing centre professionals who teach and tutor ELL students.
The conference aims to provide tools and approaches in a workshop format that may be used directly in classrooms and tutoring sessions.
We want to provide an open forum to all those interested in any area of additional language studies and academic writing, including digital writing pedagogies, multiliteracies, plurilingualism, and intercultural writing supports.
Questions for consideration may include, but are not limited to:
· Pedagogy and practice for multilingual classrooms
· ELL pedagogy relating to globalized students
· Learning community writing practice
· Technology in writing practice relating to ELLs
· Multimodal and digital approaches to ELL writing instruction and practice
· Considerations of general teaching and learning practice to ELLs
Successful submissions will include immediate and practical applications with pedagogical and theoretical foundations that conference attendees can use within their academic communities. The deadline to submit proposals is July 8, 2019.
To register, or for more information including proposal submission requirements, please visit https://smustudio.squarespace.com/awell-conference