The Alumni Office wrapped up the annual Food Drive Competition on June 27th. And what a success it was!
Nineteen teams participated and collected more than 2,200 lbs of non-perishables for the campus Community Food Room, close to 500 lbs more than last year! Thank you to all of the staff and faculty members who contributed.
The winning team will be announced at the Annual Faculty & Staff BBQ on July 24th from 11:30am-1:30pm* at The Oaks (*while supplies last).
If you have questions about the Food Drive or BBQ, email Mohammad Ashiq at email@example.com.
Upcoming summer events
VIP Experience at Halifax Jazz Festival - Thursday, July 11th featuring JUNO award winner Bahamas, with opening act, The Barr Brothers. Tickets are $40 each, $75 for 2, and $30 for students.
VIP tickets include:
• Skip The Line Access - get in to the festival grounds before everyone else!
• Private SMU Alumni VIP tent with food and a complimentary drink
• VIP bar - don't wait in a long line for a cold one!
• VIP bathroom access - don't miss half the concert waiting in line for the public port-a-potties
• Covered tent & seating - no need to worry about the weather!
Purchase tickets here: https://events.smu.ca/2019-hfx-jazz-fest-alumni-vip-event or at the Alumni Office, 867 Robie St.
Halifax Pride Parade
Join SMU Alumni and SMUSA for the Halifax Pride Parade on Saturday, July 20th at 1pm and show your Husky Pride! All SMU alumni, students, staff, faculty and their families are welcome to join.
Please email Mohammad at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.